From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Wool wool wool gorgeous pretty wool

This is what I've been singing for the past few days. I got some Cascade yarn through this Ebay store (well I got it through regular auctions, but she's got gorgeous stuff in her store too... still eyeing a couple of things LOL).

First up is Ecological wool in a gorgeous Chocolate color. It is sooooooooooooo soft that I can hardly believe it is wool. I've got 6 skeins, each being 478 (or something humongous like that) yards. I've started a top down raglan sweater with it. I don't know if I'll finish it, but I just might... you never know hahaha. I designed it using my KnitWare software and am calling it Hot Chocolate. Do I have a brilliant imagination or what :)


Next is some "plain" Cascade 220 wool (11 skeins). Also extremely soft... in the color Wisteria. I hope to have enough to make this cardigan with it. It is in Phildar Book 441. And Jody is thinking about starting a KAL for this one in January. I said I'd knit along and help out with the french lingo :) It has a hood, but I don't really care for the hood, so I'm thinking about making a "sailor's colar" if you get what I mean.


And last but not least I got 10 skeins of Cascade 220 Tweed. It is a dark grey color with cream, tan and brown flecks in it. I am thinking of making this vest with it. I swatched with the recommended needle size and I don't like the way the pattern looks. I might go down a needle size or 2.



So whadda ya think of my yarns?? Are you getting jealous yet??? Good thing y'all live way too far away from me to steal it from me hahahaha.

Off to knit a bit more on my Hot Chocolate sweater.

Huggers y'all, Eva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home