From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

I wasn't going to post today...

but there was a box waiting for me when I got home... I was a bit surprised as I knew nothing from Europe was on it's way, and mail from the US only gets here Mon-Wed. I looked at the box and this said it all...




This is tape from the Customs and Duty authority. So it WAS a box from the US after all :) Gotten here in Lux. on Wednesday, inspected by the authority yesterday and delivered by my adorable mailman (he has to be adorable as he keeps bringing me all these "gifts" LOL) today.


I then flipped the box over to see who it was from (several ebay goodies are also still on the road). It was from Colleen. On Saturday she posted about having handpainted.com puppies up for adoption. I e-mailed her and told her that I'd adopt any that she didn't have a home for yet. Turns out that none had been adopted :) So I got them all. I'm not one for breaking up happy families.





I rushed up the stairs and decided to blog the "real" way, using my camera to show y'all what was in that box... This is what I saw when I finally got the box open (that tape sure is heavy "duty" tape LOL). Isn’t it gorgetastic??? Funnily enough those colors are the closest to the real thing. Sure is hard to get colors to photograph correctly. I tried fiddling around in Photoshop and so on, but I haven’t got a clue what I’m supposed to do and as I can only save them as photoshop files. Those files were all 20.000 kb or bigger LOL.





Next I decided to free my new puppies from their plastic traveling suit. And as you can see, one actually tried to climb out of the box.
The colors are a bit darker in reality. Guess I’ll have to take a few classes in correcting pictures… (if anyone knows about an online tutorial, please point me in the right direction :))




And suddenly I saw something else at the bottom of the box… a postcard from Colleen!! (I opened the box upside down, so that’s why I missed it LOL.)

Here you can see a picture of Boston nestling between the pups.

And now I’ll have something to do tonight… nothing I like more than feeling yarn rushing between my fingers while winding them into balls on my yarn winder :)

Cheers y’all

A little PS: getting this post done was like going to h*ll and back... for some reason blogger wouldn't allow me to add pictures to the original post (that I started friday evening). I tried to get it written and online for 2 hours last night and another 3 hours this morning. Finally I decided to start a new post, add the pictures first (miracle miracle, they posted) and then copy/paste the text from the other post and delete that other post... Tada... looks like it worked. I just hope I won't have to do it that way every single time.

4 Comments:

  • At Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:36:00 PM, Blogger EvaLux said…

    LOL Lani... I've just started a tablecloth in the darkest green. It is like a very dark and rich looking turquoise. The tablecloth is round and I'll use it as a shawl. I hope it will be pretty. So far I really like how it looks. I've done about 30 rows and am really zipping right through it.

     
  • At Sunday, October 02, 2005 6:41:00 PM, Blogger Jorun said…

    Hello Eva!

    I'm so happy to see that there are other knitbloggers in Luxemburg! Maybe we could meet up at some point. (A raid to Phildar in Longwy with a cup of coffee?)

     
  • At Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:25:00 PM, Blogger Jorun said…

    Hello again...

    I couldn't find your e-mail address either... Mine is boklov at gmail dot com!

     
  • At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:17:00 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said…

    Eva!

    I'm so glad you commented again. It took a bit to track you down from your comment link. I had to tell you that I lived in Luxemburg City for 4 months! I was a student at Miami University back when it was still in the city (it's now out in the country.) I loved living there and have found memories. I'd love to hear more about where you live. Email me if you'd like. bookishwendy at gmail dot com!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home