From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

YIPPEE...

Finally some "good/nice" news: I've got my month's leave without pay!!!! Me likes that!!! AND my request for a 4-day work week was accepted too... and I got my requested wednesday off!!! So there are advantages to having moved teams. In the french team it would have been impossible to get the wednesday off (in France a lot of schools are off on wednesday, so parents of kids in those schools have priority to getting that day off) and I would've had to take the fridays off. Although it sounds nice to have a 3-day weekend, I'd rather have to work 2 days, have 1 day off, work 2 days and have 2 days off.
Wednesdays are anyways my "blah-me-wanna-stays-in-bed"-days. I don't know yet if it will be from December or January on, but that's okay as I'll be off from Oct. 18th until Dec. 1st. Yep, I know that's more than 1 month, but I still had to take 9.5 days of paid leave too :)
This weekend I'll get my plane ticket to Portland, Oregon to visit my friend Cheryl who just moved back there from being stationed in Japan for years (8 I think). Oh, and I've found a class at a LYS that I'll be able to take too!!!
Me happy this morning, even though it's wednesday :)

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, September 21, 2005 1:45:00 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I'm so glad you got your 4 day work week. It sounds great to me! I'd love to work 2 days and get a day off! :)

    Congrats on your leave as well!!! :) Tell Cheryl I said "HI!" when you get there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home