From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Oops... forgot about having a blog :)

Guess I have to start getting used to keeping up with this blogging stuff :) What happened since the last time? Oh, last week I was in Antwerp (Belgium) as we (dad, brother, aunt, uncle, cousins & grandma) went to a restaurant together for my grandma's birthday. It was the first time we got together since my mom passed away so it was a very bittersweet celebration. The weather was awful... lots of rain, but we (Dad & I) did go into town for about an hour. I got some simple (cheap) cotton yarn in a gorgeous periwinkle blue. I'm knitting Soleil from the Knitty site with it. I've knitted the bottom lace part about 20 times so far and know it by heart LOL. I think I could even knit it with my eyes closed by now.

I also picked up a couple of DVDs while at the FNAC (big book/DVD/CD/computer stuff store). 2 movies I already know: Enemy of the State with Gene Hackman & Will Smith and How to make an American quilt with Wynonna Ryder. And 2 I haven't seen yet, Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman and a french movie called Les Choristes which has had a tremendous success in France. Tonight I watched the Enemy of the State movie. I'm normally not into action movies like that, but that is one I really like. I was looking for the CD by Morcheeba, but they were out of it. It has this absolutely gorgeous song on it called Undress me (with your eyes)... am totally in love with it hahahaha.

I just realised... this time next week I'll be in the US, probably struggling to get my luggage on a cart or trying not to loose my patience while going through immigration :) It will be great to be on american soil again, do some great shopping, laze around, spend time with friends,... Just hope the weather's nice cos me wants a tan... if not I hope they'll have a fake-'n-bake (solarium) hahaha.

Well, off to knit some more on my Soleil. Will post a picture soon.

Cheers y'all, Eva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home