From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Am I a real blogger? And other things....

Why that title? Because I just saw a french documentary on this "new" thing called blogs. I'm putting the word new between quotes cos the french are sometimes slooooooowwwww on picking up on new trends and fashions. No offence ment to any french people reading this, it is just my own perception of the french and new things :) I am not just saying that. I live close enough to France and work with them French every day so I know what I'm talking about.

One of the points the people in the documentary made was that you're not to be considered a blogger if you didn't post at LEAST once a day on your blog. It didn't matter if it was just to say that your cat pooed in his box or that you were getting married or that your significant other broke up with you or that you were ready to jump from a building as long as you posted at least once a day.

Okay, I'm not real good with keeping up with this blog thing, but that is mostly because I don't want to bore others with my life... or rants about people (those 2/3 people that read this blog that is LOL) they don't know. I could post every day about the fact that x pissed me off again because she thinks she knows my job better than I do... Excuse ME!!!! I've been doing the darn job for the past 17 years compared to her 3 years... Helloooooooo!!!! Who's got the knowledge??? Or that y is starting to sound boring with her talks about how many times her boyfriend did her the night before (you must realise that we get the details like how long, how etc.) ...
I'm not trying to say that I'm a hardcore blogger, but I do think that I am part of the blog sphere anyhoo...

So that was one of the reasons why I wanted to write today. The second was that Nola told me earlier this week that I had to update my blog. And as Nola's one of the 2 (or maybe 3) readers of my blog I have to obey don't I :) The other person that I know reads my blog is Jenn. It was with her that spend most of my waking hours while I was in MD earlier this year.
And the third reason I'm blogging today is to share some pictures of the 3 misbehaving, stressing, horrid, spanking-deserving things in my life right now... About 3 weeks ago I fell in love with lace knitting. And those who know me, know that I kinda tend to go overboard sometimes. Anyways I signed up for this Mystery Stole Knit-along. I flew through clue 1. Okay I had a mistake here an there, but I didn't care. Then I had some major mistakes and so I frogged it all and again and again. I think I'm now on my 15th try. I've never before come this far and I'm using lifelines as the more experienced knitters suggested. I've also joined 2 other KAL's: Mystery Shawl KAL (starting August 1st) and Rosy Fingered Dawn KAL (starting September 1st).

Next to that I'm knitting a shawl using Helen's Lace by Lorna's Laces in the Lakeview colorway. This shawl is called Elfin Lace and is by Designs by Cherry Tree Hill. I'm also knitting their Wings Wrap.

If I figure out how to add those nifty little buttons to the side bars I'll add the ones for the KALs.

Okay here are a few pics (I finally managed to upload them to my pic hosting site... Thanks once again, Nola, for helping me out!!!! I really appreciate having my own computer/internet helpdesk hahahaha).



This is the Elfin Lace Shawl. It is sitting on a straight needle because I'm frog-frog-frogging 8 rows right now (at about 190 stitches each :( )




This is the Wings Wrap done in a lime green 100% wool yarn that has been handdyed by a member of the Mystery Stole along. I'm not someone who likes lime green, but this one's just gorgeous :) I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddd moooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee of it :)




And here you can have a peep at my Stole from the Mystery stole along. Again I'm using a yarn handdyed by Carrie. This is a color that I would call crushed strawberries or so. It is soooooo yummy that I want more of it too.

Okay, this is IT for tonight. Off to knit some more. Nola, hope this is enough to read for you :)

Cheers y'all...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home