From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Monday, April 25, 2005

knit knit knit...

okay, I've about had it with the plain stockinette stitch of this piece, but I keep plugging on. My original plan was to have it finished this weekend, but that's not going to happen. Just hope that I'll get it all done before leaving next saturday. I will also have to decide what I'm going to take with me to knit on the plane. It might be my second Soleil. I ripped what I'd started last night as this yarn's got some elastan in it and so it stretches :) I will be able to go down a size or 2 and it will still look great, so that's what I'm going to do.
Not much else happened today. Did my work I took home on thursday, am running some loads of laundry and tomorrow I need to go to the bank to pick up my traveler's checks.
The airport shuttle will be here at 5.20 am on Saturday morning to pick me up... with my plane leaving at 7 I find that a bit close, but hey, they're the professionals. The ride to the airport only takes about 15 minutes, but check-ins for the US always take a lot of time. I'll be hanging around Heathrow for close to 6 hours though. Hope the tranfer area's comfortable and that I'll be able to knit a lot, because those are a lot of hours to fill. And then I'll be flying for about 9 hours. I'll be in the US at 16.00 local time (22.00 for me...) and then get through luggage/customs/immigration, which will take another hour at least. Then it is a 60-mile or so trip back to Jenn's place. Oh, boy, I'll be sooooo tired and cranky LOL.

That's all for tonight... sweet dreams...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home