From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Knitting Olympics

On January 14th, The Yarn Harlot launched a new knitting frenzy to take over the knitting blog world: The Knitting Olympics.

I've been wondering if I should apply or not. So far I haven't got a clue about what to pick. Maybe some socks with a lacey pattern and a heelflap or something like that. There's a UK team, USA team and Canadian team out there already... should I be the Luxembourg team all on my own???? It will be very very lonely though.

I'll continue to ponder about it.

Cheers

3 Comments:

  • At Saturday, January 21, 2006 9:39:00 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Love the socks and Ene. I opted out of the Knitting Olympics in favor of Margene's knitalong(I barely have time to shower daily let alone knit something in 16 days--hee hee). Just popping through on weekly Stashalong patrol--have a great weekend!!

     
  • At Monday, January 23, 2006 3:52:00 PM, Blogger Jorun said…

    I've been thinking about the Olympic knitalong as well, maybe I should compete for my adpoted country of residence...? Sadly I have no clue what to knit. I have yarn for two different Phildar sweaters, amybe I should go for one of them.

     
  • At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 6:11:00 AM, Blogger EvaLux said…

    Hiya folks... thanks for all of your comments :)
    Jorun, maybe we should indeed create a Team Luxembourg for our adopted country of residence... I don't know yet what I'll knit, but it might be a skirt, tank top and cardi for a 1 year old. I've got to knit 2 sets (twins) so I could do 1 set at the olympics.
    Stacey, I'm silly that way... I published all of your comments :)
    Cheers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home