From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Is it a plane???

Is it a car??? Noooohhhh............ it is a sock!!!! Oops correction... a PAIR of sockS!!!



Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you my first pair of handknitted socks: Knitted using Fortissima Colori Disco in ??? color. It's got glittery stuff in it and it is fun as the colors are pretty muted and classy looking. Pattern: my own... I casted-on 6 stitches, increased every other row til I had 32 stitches on both circs and knitted till it was long enough, did a double wrapped short row heel, knitted some more, did 16 rows of 1x1 ribbing and used a crocheted bind off. Right now I'm perfecting a few things though (yep a new sock :))


A blurry picture of my feet in the socks. Don't ya just love those little sparklies?




Another pic of my feet in the socks... They're a bit big and slouchy, but me loves them... especially those sparklies hahahaha


A pic to show that they match... upside down. I did that on purpose. One of the reasons I want to knit my own socks it is to be able to mismatch them hahaha.

I have 2 more colors of this stuff and I'll make more socks with it. I had a 100 g ball and I have enough yarn left over to make a third sock. But hey, I'm just like any human and have only 2 feet, so why should I make a third sock? Any ideas what I could do with the 32 g left over?


Right now I'm working with some Lana Grossa Meilenweit Fantasy self striping yarn. It is light pink, medium pink, purple, orangey yellow and lilac colors. A bit funky, but still cute.

Guess that's it for now.

Cheers
PS: Stashalong Kim, I've got a question. 2 of my coworkers want me to teach them how to knit socks. They asked if I could buy them yarn and needles (they'll pay for them) as they both live out in the country where there is no LYS. Would I be breaking the rules of the game doing so? I explained this to them and they had to laugh about it, but understood if I said no :) They're willing to wait til the yarn fast is over if it is necessary.

6 Comments:

  • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 7:34:00 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I LOVE the sparklies!!!! I want that yarn!!!! :)

     
  • At Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:13:00 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Eva--in answer to buying sock yarn--not a problem if it is for someone else--plus it might help you to be able to buy something(even if it's not for you--hee, hee) :) And the SB in SBQ stands for "stitch bloggers"(I cross stitch as well as knit so I like to incorporate a little of both on my blog). And a big congrats on your first pair of socks, I like that you added some of your own ideas into it--very brave for your first time! I think I have some of that yarn in a different colorway. Happy knitting!

     
  • At Monday, January 23, 2006 3:55:00 PM, Blogger Jorun said…

    If you have more or less matching colours in your three balls, make a pair of striped selfstriping socks. The possibilities of not matching are close to endless...

     
  • At Friday, January 27, 2006 9:26:00 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    I love your socks. What totally fun yarn! Congrats on your finish. :-)

     
  • At Friday, January 27, 2006 10:53:00 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Why not make a hat or a scarf to match your socks? Nice job btw.

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 9:44:00 AM, Blogger EvaLux said…

    Hello everyone,
    first of all thank you for your comments :)

    Deb, I don't wear hats... guess that's a result from my childhood where I HAD to wear hats most of the time LOL. I could do a scarf... but right now I'm working on my first scarf for the International Scarf Exchange and boy is it hard LOL. I just have the hardest time finishing it... just one more skein left to do. I do have a pattern in the Not just socks book with mitred squares that might not bore me :)
    We'll see :)

    Cheers Eva

     

Post a Comment

<< Home