From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

ARRRGGGHHHHHH....

Shop assistants in this country are known for their brilliant minds NOT and for their friendliness DOUBLE NOT!!!! In french you have a saying that says the customer is king. Here in Luxembourg this saying is adapted to say the shop assistant is the almighty G-d... and you better do what they want or you'll be sorry. And here is an example:

I went into town because I had do a couple of things. I pass a shoeshop that has nice shoes, but out of my price range, but they have a 50% off sale going on. I saw a couple of shoes I liked through the shop window. I go in and head over to where I saw them. They're in the kiddies section, but the sizes go up to an adult size 10.

As I go into this part of the shop a shop assistant (s.a.) stops me and informs me that it is the childrens section. I say, I know. She goes M'am those are CHILDREN's shoes. I say again I know and go ahead. She comes after me and and tries to direct me to the adult section. I look at her and ask her if she knows if I have children or not? She looks at me confused and says no she doesn't. So I ask her why she insists I do not buy childrens shoes. She throws me an angry look and stalks off. 2 seconds later s.a. #2 comes running over all aghast telling me that I am in the childrens section. I tell her, guess what??? your friend over there already informed of this and guess what??? I don't give a damn and I would like to buy those 3 pairs of shoes. But M'am those are childrens shoes??? I bite back that I KNOW and that I STILL WANT TO BUY THEM. We head over to the cash register. Here is the chief S.A. and again she informs me that those shoes are intended for children. I look at her and ask her if those shoes fit me (she saw me trying them on), her answer yes, then I ask her if they're for sale. Again her answer is yes, so I said I'd like to know what the F their problem is???

Now she tells me I have absolutely no reason to be so rude. I look at her and ask her how she would feel if 3 people, who know f-all about her would tell her that the shoes she tried on were childrens shoes as if they would transmit the plague or something. I told her she could be f-ing lucky that I was still willing to buy those shoes and not file a complaint for discrimination!!! And I also told her that if she didn't want adults to buy her shoes maybe she should not have "childrens" shoes going up to size 10!!!!

The 3 pairs are sneakers so it doesn't really scream kiddie shoes anyways.

Okay, off my soapbox and off to have another look at my new kiddie shoes :)

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home