From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm still alive...

I just haven't felt like blogging a lot lately. Funny as I have lots of things to say :)

Well, first of all I finished Lani's socks. I've been working on those for a long time, but as I mostly work on them at the office with the computer system's down or slow, I did not work on them regularly. Pics will follow... tomorrow they'll get a nice bath and then on Wednesday I'll toss them in the drier or maybe they'll get to hang outside in the sunshine.

I've been working steadily on my Seraphim shawl. I'm about halfway through the second chart of lace. After this one there's a third chart and then the edging.
Once it will be done, I'll be working full time on the Civil War Shawl again. I love that shawl. It is a bit slow going right now as I'm blending 2 skeins of Zephyr so that it is not so noticable that they're not the exact same shade. So one row gets done with one ball and the other one with the other ball...

I'm such a doofus though... I'm in The Amazing Lace KAL for this summer and I was supposed to present my team on my blog. I had taken pictures 2 weeks ago. I had to post the presentation yesterday at the latest... but as it was a 3 day weekend here, somehow I thought today was sunday and so I was going to post it this morning... Guess I missed challenge #1. Oh well, I'll participate in challenge #2 instead.

Doofus again... I missed my blogiversary... not that I was really thinking about it, but... I now decided to have a blogging party for my 100th post (which will be in a little while). I'll have a little contest I think and there will be some yarny prices and maybe some cross stitch prices too as I know some stitchers read these rare posts too hahaha.

And as a post without pictures is not really a post I'm leaving you with some pictures I took at a gardening thing a few weeks back. These are my most favorite garden flowers... hydrangeas. I love their intense blues, purples and pinks. I know there's also deep purples nearly red, but they had none at this garden show. I also love the pale pink ones. There were also some that had white flowers with pink scalloped edges!!! Pretty Pretty Pretty...








Well, enough for now...

Cheers Eva

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 1:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy belated blog-versary!

     
  • At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:06:00 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Happy Belated Blogiversary! And those are lovely pictures....

     
  • At Monday, June 19, 2006 10:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I’m reading your blog after I saw your comment at "The Amazing Lace”.
    You are right it’s a hard challenge for me too, being a Hungarian knitter. But I will do everything I can. I may only hope that everybody will not laugh on me. (Only a little part.)
    I’ve seen your most favorite garden flowers... hydrangeas. They are so beautiful. Did you know, that my blog name (Hortenzia) means hydrangea in Hungarian?
    Happy belated blogversary!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home