From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

I met a Townie!!!

Okay, I'd written this really really really long post going into all the details, but it bored my own pants off LOL. So I'm just going to share some pics with you.

The Townie that I got to meet was "Deb in Atlanta". She, her hubby and Little Munchkin (I'm not giving out her real name as I don't believe in breach of privacy where minors are concerned) spend a whopping 22 hours in Luxembourg hahaha. But they were charmed by the town :) Which is a good thing.

Oh, for those of you who don't know what a "Townie" is... it is a member of this yahoo group. Of course, I somehow managed not to get a single pic of Deb herself.

Blogger has been true to form and has mixed the order of the pics up to suit its own mysterious purposes... And I don't feel like fiddling around with code to fix it, so you're getting a jumble of pics, but with comments.




This is the Little Munchkin and her Dad close to the entrance of the Casemattes.


This is the view down from where Little Munchkin and her Dad were standing. Isn't Lux pretty LOL?


This is the ship in the playground in the park. Little Munchkin (together with about a hundred other kids) spend half an hour running up and down on it just after they arrived. She'd been "cooped up" on a train for over 4 hours LOL. It is a magnificent attraction. Entirely made out of wood that the got from trees that had toppled over in the park during a winter storm a few years ago. I took this pic a week before they came and at that time of the day there were no kiddies :)


If you look closely you can see the train with Deb & Co arrive in the distance... it's the one with the lights on :) To the left of the pic you can see the train I got in on (yep I take the train to get to my office... 6 minutes beats 32 minutes by bus doesn't it?).


The Little Munchkin enjoying her apple juice at La Table du Pain (a rustic posh place to have breakfast... actually it is a bakery LOL). All those jams and jellies you see are home made.

Deb gave me my own skein of STR (Socks That Rock) yarn... I do now understand what the fuss is about LOL... It's been lying here on my nightstand so that I can pet it when I wake up and just before I go to sleep. The colorway I got is called Shibui. It's got tans, blues, greens and greys in it. I've tried to take a pic several times now, but the light here is so awful that I just can't make a pic that does it justice. I will get one up soon... the sun should be out tomorrow... I picked a pattern out of Nancy Bush's Vintage socks (can't remember the name right now) and am waiting on my needles to arrive (2.5mm addi circ to do the magic loop thing).

I will post more pics and a bit of our adventures (you won't believe what we managed to do during those 22 hours - 11 of which were spend "sleeping" hahahaha!!!) later this week. I will also add some more pics!!!


Oh and before I leave y'all... I must admit that the Little Munchkin is the most well behaved and polite nearly 5 year old (tomorrow!!!) that I've ever met!!! I mean we spend a lot of time walking (mostly uphill, cos somehow here in town you seem to be walking uphill which ever way you go) or in restaurants. No fussing, no tears, no tantrums... Deb & Pete, you really are doing a wonderful job raising her!!!

Cheers Eva

5 Comments:

  • At Monday, April 17, 2006 5:58:00 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Sounds like a lot of fun!

     
  • At Monday, April 17, 2006 9:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haah, I'm getting really sentimental seeing those Lux pix! I studied in Trier for 6 years and I miss the area. I used to love to go to Luxembourg (and not only to Wasserbillig;-))

    Greetings from a fellow townie from Hamburg, Deutschland
    Julia

     
  • At Monday, April 17, 2006 11:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm jealous!! 2 reasons. You got to meet Deb & she got to visit you!! Sounds like a great time

     
  • At Friday, April 21, 2006 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Deb in Atlanta said…

    Eva,

    Thank you for such a nice compliment about my Little Munchkin! As you now know, Pete and I are madly in love with her. (VBG)

    More importantly, thank you so much for being such a fantastic tour guide!!!! We LOVED Lux and YOU! We look forward to returning sometime soon.

    Finally, I'm glad you like the STR. I'm smitten with it, too.

    Cheers,
    Deb in Atlanta

    P.S., I will make an entry on my newbie-blog sometime soon. I got some pictures of you and me together that I can add. :o)

     
  • At Sunday, May 07, 2006 8:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think Luxembourg City is one of the most beutiful cities in the world - for real!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home