From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Sick...

I've been wanting to post for more than a week now, but first my puter got sick and went to the puter doctor and then on friday I woke up with the tiniest scratchy feeling in my throat. This normally signals a cold coming on. By 10 am I was feeling and looking horrible. So bad in fact that my superior told me to go home. As it was a friday I needed a sick note from the doc. I had slight earache and my midriff hurt when I breathed. So I had an appointment at quarter past two in the afternoon. The doc said that it looked like a cold and that I came too early. I told him that if I'd waited til monday to come I would have had tonsilitis and a double mid ear infection. I know my body. It goes from one extreme to the next in a matter of hours.
As I was his last patient for the day we chatted for about an hour or so. After one hour I told him I started feeling feverish and was extremely cold. I walked home, but every yard of the way felt worse.
I got there and then waited another hour before my dad arrived, and we went to the pharmacy and grocery shopping. At the grocery store I was sooooo happy to have the cart to hold on to because I doubt I would have been able to walk if I didn't have it. We finally got home around 6.15. I went straight home and to bed. I was freezing cold. I piled all my duvets on my bed, put on 3 sweaters, 2 pairs of socks, couldn't find my pj pants... Took some Tylenol cold medication. An hour later I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo burning hot that I got rid of everything and had just a sheet on me. I didn't sleep all night, was extremely restless and just felt horrible.

Saturday more of the same... I got my dad's thermometer and I had a fever of 39 degrees (102.something fahrenheit)... which is unusual for me. My throat felt better... but the pressure behind my cheekbones and above my eyes was horrible. Even simple breathing hurt my head. I went and had dinner at my dad's but paid for it on Sunday.

Yesterday the pain in my face got worse and my throat is simply killing me... even air just passing my throat (my breath) feels as if it is glass shards. I took some Tylenol sinus and that releaved the pressure in my face a lot, so I guess I'm having a sinus infection. The coughing and my throat have gotten worse. My fever's nearly gone, although I still feel feverish.
I'll be in my drs office first thing this morning (in about 3 hours)... and begging him for anything to make the pain go away.

I've felt so horrible that I haven't even knit or watched TV all weekend.

With me it really is a case of all or nothing...

Once I feel better enough to post I will do so...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home