From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Can we say White Fluffy Crap???

I've sooooooooooo had it with winter you can not believe it!!! Yesterday it started snowing... nothing more than the inch or two we were promised. Last night the weather dudes at the airport said we'd get about 7-10 inches overnight. I was already whining about that. But this morning on the radio they said it had not happened so far. The at 10 am it started snowing and snowing and snowing and snowing. At 11 people were advised that the speed on the highways was reduced from 120 km/h to 90 km/h and the first trucks-in-ditches were announced too.
Now it is 1.30 and as you can see from my pics, it's still snowing hard... My dad's on his way from Belgium by train and I don't have the heart to call him and tell him that they've just started saying that they're cancelling public transport (i.e. busses) as the folks of road maintenance can't keep up with keeping the streets clear.
The weather dudes are expecting the snow to go over into rain which is not a good thing as the ground is cold enough for it to freeze immediately.



View out of my bathroom window... it makes me dizzy to see all those flakes coming down in such a hard way.


This is a pic of my balcony... see how the snow clings to the fabric windbreaker LOL... it is hilarious!!!


I wanted to show how deep the snow is on my balcony... that's a screwdriver which is 7.5 inches tall... I got rid of all the snow on my balcony last night, so we've had 7 inches so far and we're expecting more...


Here you can see a wall with a tree in front of it... between the wall and the tree is a road... that was cleared 20 minutes before I took this picture, but you can't see the road anymore.

So all in all... me hates this crap... I hope it will be gone soon..

2 Comments:

  • At Sunday, March 12, 2006 6:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gee!! where do you live. I live in tucson az, and we have been whining about all the sunshine we have had for the last 143 days with no RAIN. we finally got our first good rain last night. praised be! this is the first year with no snow pack in the mountains of az since 1930..... so do not tell me there is no global warming. I loved your pictures and I think its beautiful. of course I am not the one who has to drive in it.

     
  • At Sunday, March 12, 2006 6:56:00 PM, Blogger EvaLux said…

    PJLaws... thanks for the nice words. I live in Luxembourg, Europe :)
    I totally agree with you about the global warming, but then again Europe's been screaming about this for years hahaha.

    Cheers Eva

     

Post a Comment

<< Home