From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

My love story continues...

My love story with KnitPicks that is :) I just got their latest newsletter and it features this gorgeous cardigan:




Having looked at many a fair isle sweater/sock/mitten (scroll down a bit on this last one) lately I've been wanting to try this technique too. I could of course start with something simple like a mitten, but I'm not functioning that way LOL.

This cardigan uses 28 out of 30 colours of the Palette sampler package. I've been wanting to get that for the longest time and this sounds like the perfect opportunity :)

Edited to add: I asked KnitPicks about the sizes of the cardi... 36"-52"... which is great because that's what I need with my rack :) Guess I'll be falling off the stash-along wagon soon... haven't fallen yet, but the fall's imminent.

Another cardigan I like from KnitPicks is this one, although I do not really like the way it seems to "weird" at the armholes...

That's it for now... back to drool a bit more over that cardigan...

2 Comments:

  • At Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:54:00 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    I like that sweater too--and I already have the palette sampler in my stash--I'm not ready to jump into a Fair Isle sweater yet though. Your shawl turned out great and I love the color you are using for your GAL shawl. Just passing through on Stashalong patrol--have a great week!

     
  • At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:09:00 AM, Blogger Deby said…

    I have just ordered this sweater and sampler pallet. I ordered extra black though because I like to separate more of the colors with black. I also liked the vest they had in fair isle.
    Anyway, knitpicks is one of my favorite places to buy yarn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home