From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Drive by posting...

Just a small one...

Today I went to Créativa. This is a craft fair held in french speaking countries all over Europe. It was in Metz, France. France is a bit "behind" on what is popular and what isn't. So they're all about scrapbooking and beading and treat it like it is the newest thing since the invention of the wheel. I did get some beads to make some earrings.

Oh, and they do have a LOT of cross stitching, but the prices are crazy. The cheapest Mirabilia chart we found was at 18.75 EUR (22.40 USD) and the most expensive at 80 EUR (95.30)!!! Yes for a SINGLE chart. The lady was insulted when I told my friend that I could get her the same one through the internet for about 15 USD.

I did buy one kit... I hope I don't get kicked out of the stash along for it though




Next up a FO... 2 mitts... for my friend Cheryl... 1 skein of Lorna's Laces in Flames used (actually still have 22 grams left over). I bought this skein while in Portland, OR in November. Pattern used: Lady Fingers by Pink Lemon Twist and available on her blog :) I did make a few changes though. The main one being the scalloped cast on.




This is my first top down sock. I'm making them using some cotton blend Meilenweit from Lana Grossa that I got last year. The color is a lot paler in reality... sometimes it looks pale lilac and sometimes pale grey. I'm working at the heelflap right now.


Another sock. This one toe up. Tweedy Meilenweit. For my friend Anne Martine.






That's it for now... off to nuke some food and start my Olympic Knitting :)

Cheers y'all


1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, February 12, 2006 7:12:00 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    I love the mittens and the socks--great colors. Those Mirabilia prices are crazy--sheesh, it would be cheaper for you to have someone here buy it for you and mail it to you there. You won't get kicked out of Stashalong for buying cross stitch stuff--just yarn :) Just passing through on Stashalong patrol--have a great Olympic knitting week!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home