From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Challenge...

As I mentionned yesterday, I'm challenging myself to finish all the twins to the single socks I've got lying around here. I thought it would be 5 or 6 socks, but I think it was only 4. That's okay too.

Twin #1 is done. I was just 10 rows of garter + 25 rows of ribbing short of finishing it. I did them last night while watching CSI NY and part of Criminal Intent. As soon as it was done, I weaved in the ends and cast on for twin #2. I thought I had the pattern for my Nina's Socks by Jeanie Townsend with me in the living room but I didn't. So it's the Feather & Fan sock in Trekking XXL colorway #67 that got started (the colors are a lot more muted than in this picture, but it is the only clear one I could find). This colorway is soooooooooooo yummy, that I'll need to get another skein and just make plain socks with it, to show off the gorgeous colors of the yarn. So far I'm done with the ribbing and the first 2 rows of the pattern repeat. I hope to finish this sock today LOL.

I linked to the Jeanie's yahoo group where you'll find several gorgeous free patterns for socks. I don't remember if you have to become a member of the group to have access to them or not though. Anyways, it is definitely worth it as that group is a very very nice group. Very friendly and helpful.

Off to knit knit knit... oh and I will post pics soon, but ya know... my camera's in my purse and I'm still in my bed and it is a LONG way to get to the hallway hahaha. In other words me's just very lazy :)

Cheers y'all, Eva

PS: I was having a look at the Trekking XXL colors on the site where I linked to, and to be honest, the picture of color 106 looks a LOT more like the 67 I have than the picture of the 67 color LOL. So I linked to that too...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home