From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Why do I sabotage myself???

I actually knew before I started this "finishing 4 socks beofre the end of the week" thing that I wouldn't last more than 1-2 days? Why ? you ask... because, after living for 35 years with my wonderful self, I know myself :)

I did finish 1 sock and I've been wearing them already, but I made them really really really short LOL. But hey, a finished sock is a finished sock. I also started sock number 2. Am halfway through the second pattern repeat (out of 3), but I haven't worked on it since Wednesday. I also knit a sock for a kiddie. Said kiddie will be here in Lux for 1 day in April. I don't know said kiddie so I don't know if it will fit or not. We will see that when she's here. And if it fits, I'll knit sock #2 to match sock #1... if it doesn't fit, I'll take all the necessary measurements and make a pair to fit said kiddie.

Yesterday I was feeling horrible again. I'd been up all night coughing so horribly that nothing helped. I took several doses of my syrup and even one of those codeine containing pills, but still no relief. I finally fell asleep at about 6 am and woke again at 8. Last night was about the same, except that I slept 5 hours instead of 2. Anyways, I didn't knit all day, except in the evening I cast on for a new shawl... I need some shawl knitting right now LOL. I started Fiber Trends Seascape Shawl using KnitPicks Shadow in Jewels. I'm thinking about making the bottom border longer and maybe do a crocheted picot edging instead of a knitted one (I don't understand the explanations for the knitted one LOL).

Off to knit some more...

Cheers Eva

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home