From Sheep to Sweaters 'n Socks

Mostly knitting related comments on my life.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

KSKS questionnaire

The Questionnaire:

What are your favorite colors? Blues, yellows, pinks, reds, springy or summery colors.

Are you a new sock knitter? I started at the end of 2005

How long have you been knitting socks? So, doing some math that would be about 7 months

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I don't mind either, even dyed by yourself yarn will be welcome

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? anything except angora, alpaca, cashmere or mohair (allergies)

Where do you usually knit socks? Those are my on-the-go-projects, so mostly on the train, bus and in the office.

How do you usually carry/store small projects? They're just dumped into my bag... and more than once I've lost stitches because when rooting around in my bag for something else, they'll come off the needles.

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? No real preference

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? Any... I often will start socks using ML and then switch to DPNs and switch back and forth between the 2. Sometimes I'll even throw in some 2 circ action too. I started out doing socks toe up, but now I prefer cuff down a lot more

What new techniques would you like to try? I'm not into colorwork or fair isle and I know how to do lace/cables. I don't know if there's anything else around.

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? No real preference.

What are some of your favorite yarns? I have worked with Opal, Regia, Trekking, Lorna's Laces sock yarn and I have yet to work with the STR and FleeceArtist (I think... I can't remember the name) I have.
I haven't had a chance to try some Koigu, Sundara, Blue Moon Sock Candy or Scout's yarn (don't remember the name right now)

What yarn do you totally covet? Nothing in particular. I'm happy with anything I get.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? Can't think of anything right now... it would probably be something lace :) If I really want to make something I'll find the time and money to do so.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I knit using the combined method, so I basically use circs. As I live in Europe Addi's are really cheap so I have a big stash of those. I also like Boyd Circs in sizes 4, 5 and 6 for my lace knitting. Yes, they have stiff cables, but somehow I like that LOL. Edited to add: I have lots of DPNs in bamboo and only 2 sets in metal. I like my DPNs being 6 or 7 inches long. The one set of metal DPNs I use are Pony Pearls. I just LOVE them. The other set I have is by Regia, but I don't like them. Although they're metal they drag real bad. Oh, and I'm a very very very loose knitter so I use 2 mm needles for all my sock knitting... I think that is a US 0 isn't it? Edited again to add: I just saw these needles and they look like something I'd like to try: KnitPicks Double Pointed Needles. They come in the length I like, are metal, and have all the size I'd like to use (I've been wanting to use some Cascade Fixation I have and can't find the right size DPNs (US#3). Oh and they look wickedly pointy too hahahaha.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Oh boy, I'm useless with questions like this... I'd be a yarn that would be sturdy and reliable, with lively colored splashes on a more sedate background.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Cream savers, most fruit flavored hard candy. Nothing with peanuts (or peanut taste), black currant or grape taste.

What’s your favorite animal? Kittykats.

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? No...

If you were a color what color would you be? Oh another one of them questions LOL... I can't make up my mind... yellow for my bright and fun personality, blue for my reliability or red for my (sometimes) flaring passion... euh make that anger hahahaha.

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s). My favorite shirt??? A tshirt that is clean hahaha.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? A hydrangea... I love the colors they come in (if you take a look a few posts back you'll see several nice flower photos I recently made) or the ocean.

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. Live and let live. There is another native american saying, but it won't come to mind right now.

Do you have a wishlist? I have a list at KnitPicks... which is more like a personal shopping list for my next trip to the US LOL.


Hope this will help my pal a bit :)

Cheers Eva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home